Sunday, March 11, 2007

Rodrigo Santoro talks about LOST

Rodrigo Santoro
The Brazilian waxes poetic when he talks about his new role in "Lost." "I have to make a tiny confession. I wasn't exactly and completely following the show before I got the role. I was busy. So, I was lost when I got 'Lost!' " cries Rodrigo Santoro, the superstar from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Santoro is already steely when it comes to divulging plot secrets from his hit ABC series (9 p.m. Wednesday, WLS-Channel 7). "What I can say to you is the audience is about to know a lot more about my character," he says at an interview at the Beverly Hilton.
Q: What do you make of the phenomenon of "Lost"?
A: I knew about "Lost" in Brazil. It was big, not just in the states but all around the world. Everywhere I go, people know me and then they ask me about what will happen on the next episodes. I tell them that they really don't want to know because it would spoil it.
Q: Are you being careful while living in Hawaii filming "Lost"? There seems to be a curse in that many "Lost" actors have found themselves caught up by the law.
A: I'm very easy and I have the healthiest lifestyle. I surf, do yoga and then work. That's basically my entire day.
Q: How long are you committed to "Lost"?
A: Ha ha. You know I can't say. I don't know how long I will be there, but you can't control things. You can just build a character. I don't prepare too much because who knows what will happen with this show.
Q: Describe your life these days.
A: I'm back and forth between Hawaii and Brazil. It's just such a good time for my career. It's not about being huge. It's about working with the actors and directors I've always admired. It's been a long journey and, thank God, a very gratifying one.
www.stationzer0.com

No comments:

Copyright © 2007. PATI. All Rights Reserved. Email Me